Thursday, October 3, 2013

Central Air & Heating

With all of the modern technology available in Japan there is one thing we have that they don't, central air and heating. All they have in Japan are these little air conditioner units, but they work really well and, as you can see, they are clean and cute.

Not only do these units serve as air conditioners, they also double as heaters in the winter since the Japanese don't have central heating either. Well, they do in the colder regions up north, but not where I am living.

For winter, the Japanese use these units, as well as small space heaters and kotatsu (more on those in a later post), to keep warm. Central air and heating does exist in stores and malls, but for some reason Japanese people do not want it in their homes. I tried to get an answer out of my wife, but she said there is really no precise reason for this, it just is.

Now keep in mind that only our living room has a unit, so the rest of the home will either be cold as hell in the winter or we will have to purchase some space heaters.

Although, my wife assures me that the winters in our area aren't bad, I'm still not looking forward to freezing my you-know-whats off.

No comments:

Post a Comment