Saturday, October 4, 2014

One Year of Little Differences

Well, it's been over a year since I started this blog on September 20, 2013. Since then, I've posted over 80 "little differences" and have had over 10,000 hits!

There are so many subjects that I haven't even touched, like the fact that Japan is the only first world country, to my knowledge, that doesn't have an actual army, contrast that against the fact that America's armed forces are almost constantly at war!

There are some "little differences" that I am surprised that aren't adopted in America, like taking your shoes off at home; and at the same time can understand why some haven't been, like taking your shoes off at work or school (in America, you know someone is going to jack those Jordans!)

There are some "little differences" that totally blow my mind like the fact that Americans are seen as loud and opinionated, yet hand them a mic and tell them to sing and they freeze up on the spot! The Japanese are seen as quiet and shy, but hand them a mic and they will blow that 'ish up! I've been shocked walking down the street and a bunch of high school boys walk by singing together at the top of their lungs. These kids sound like the freaking Backstreet Boys!  And it has happened to me multiple times, with kids of all ages. WTF? You will NEVER see anything like that in America, or at least I never have in my 46 years living there.

So while 80+ posts may have you thinking that by now, I would be scrounging to find new "little differences," believe me when I tell you, I've barely begun.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment